Thursday, October 7, 2010

Google Chrome - very good with some minor flaws.

I have to say that since using Chrome since April I've been very impressed with it.  For the most part it is visibly faster when browsing the overwhelming majority of sites when compared to IE.

Typically I browse on a Dual 1GHz machine or a Netbook running a 1.7Ghz Atom processor and reserve games for my XBox 360 or heavy duty processing (database and programming) to a dedicated machine.  So in these slower CPU environments you can really tell a difference when a browser is working well vs. a higher end machine brute forcing its way through inefficient coding.

That said, there is one time I find Chrome lacking and switch over to IE which is e-Commerce.  I've noticed on several sites when I attempt to purchase something and SSL is involved that I get session timeouts, errors, or the domain mismatch warning messages.  Even if I click "Proceed Anyway" I have issues.  I switch over to IE and have no problems.  So, I'd say its probably 5% IE (online purchases and some rare cases where Chrome doesn't render a site properly but IE does) and 95% Chrome in terms of my browsing usage.

As an aside some websites to try when comparing Chrome to IE:
Realtor.com
FoxSports Fantasty Football site  (which is horrid, see my random blog entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment