Monday, June 14, 2010

eBay Today

I've been off eBay for a while and started using it again recently.  It seems like each year that site gets crappier and crappier.

For example, I've had several auctions where the price starts at $0.99.  I set my max bid to say $40, which is a fair price for what I'm bidding on.  The auction will have 3-4 days left on it.  So I'm the highest bidder at $5 or whatever.  Then suddenly the auction is cancelled with no reason given!

I know some people used to list an item on Craigslist or something but they'd typically have a Buy It Now price and at least tell you that they were trying to sell it outside of eBay.

The only other option I can think of is the seller decided not to sell the item or worried they weren't going to get their price.  But due to bid sniping, you won't know until the final minutes what your final price is going to be near.

Now you bid with the possibility that whatever you bid on can be pulled at any time.  If anything, this is making me look for sellers who run "Sell it on eBay" stores or are "professional" eBay auctioneers.  Those with low ratings, etc are losing my business because I can't take their auction seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment